What is the treatment for panic attacks with a history of depression and anxiety?

Psychiatrist
Question
Right now I'm not so good do to my panic attacks. Other than that before All this began I was a pretty healthy woman. I do have a history of Depression and anxiety my whole life.
Posted Wed, 1 Jan 2014 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: Further details Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. However I would require a couple of more details to help you in answering your query in a better justified way. 1) What are your current symptoms? 2) How frequent are your panic attacks? 3) What medications are you on at present? 4) Any medical issues, Hope to hear from you at your earliest convenience. Regards and wish you good health, Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD Neuro-Psychiatrist and Sexologist

Follow-up: What is the treatment for panic attacks with a history of depression and anxiety? 10 minutes later
My current symptoms is feels like someone is sitting on my chest I can't seem to calm myself down Is it everyday struggle for me I can't even go to Walmart much less take my daughter to go outside because this social anxiety that I have a is Severe. I've had this panic disorder my entire life however at this point in my life I'm not sure because the move But it's the worst that I have I've been In a very long time. Anything can set of my panic attacks I can get them like once every 2 hours. I've tried everything under the moon like Breathing in a bag An absolutely nothing is helping. I tend to get these really bad panic attacks to where I start crying and hysterically. I'm not taking any current medications but besides Tylenol. I've been off my meds for some time and I can't deal with it anymore t's getting so bad to where I can't sleep I can't eat. All I ask is if you could just please help me out

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: Paroxetine/venlafaxine Detailed Answer: ello, Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. The symptoms seem to be very concerning and you certainly have to take treatment. The better drug universally accepted for your condition should be either paroxetine or venlafaxine. I have many of my patients who have improved a lot on these medicines. Further as the symptoms are severe you can be on some benzodiazepine as well initially , may be clonazpepam 1-2 mg per day initially for the symptoms to calm down. Health care magic being an online portal it wont be possible to prescribe you medicines without physically examining you, but you can always discuss these issues with your general practitioner. He will be more than happy to start you one of these drugs. Along with the medications, you can also consider starting on cognitive behavioural therapy. These therapies will try to change the pattern in which you think and react and will benefit you. Regards and wish you good health, Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD Neuro-Psychiatrist and Sexologist

Follow-up: What is the treatment for panic attacks with a history of depression and anxiety? 3 minutes later
Is there any way that we could webcam and you can examine me this way.. It is so severe right now it's time to tired and I just really just need to calm down

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: I am sorry, no facility provided on this platform Detailed Answer: Hello I am sorry but unfortunately without physically examining you in person I wont be able to prescribe your medicines. Thats what the law says. More so this website doesn't have web consultation option. But I am sure you will have access to your general practitioner who can prescribe you these drugs. May be you can discuss this issue with him/her. Sorry for the inconvenience, Regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD