What is the treatment for painless bump on right elbow?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
I have a bump on my right elbow about 1/4" in diameter and 1/8" deep. I have had it for about a year. It doesn't hurt or itch. It only gets annoying and I pick at it hoping it will come off. I wouldn't call it soft but not hard either. Help?
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: Probably a harmless wart. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for using Healthcare Magic. From your description and photo, this appears to be a wart. It may disappear spontaneously in a further 6-12 months but if it is annoying you, it may be worth considering treating it. First line treatment can be over-the-counter topical wart treatment which is based on salicylic acid in the form of drops, gel or an adhesive plaster. This works by dissolving the wart. If this does not work then cryotherapy is usually effective and freezes the wart. I hope this is of help. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me. Regards, Dr K A Pottinger, MBChB FRCA