What is the treatment for painful testicles with sore patch on penis?

Hi there, hope you can help. I've had a painful testicle of around 4 weeks now, accompanied by a sore patch on my penis under the forskin. Not on the penal head though. The pain started at the top of my testicle and has now spread to the bottom of it. I'm beginning to get pain in the bottom of my buttock, under my scrotum. My gp has given me some antibiotic which I have been taking for a week now, which seem to have had no effect as the pain has spread. Also I am experiencing some slight discomfort in my lower abdomen occasionally. Many thanks for your help in advance.
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Epididymitis. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query It looks like you are suffering from epididymitis or orchitis which nothing but infection of the testicles and surrounding genital organs. Here are my suggestions to you 1. Please do not ignore it any further as you are a young male, approach a urologist for a detail examinations and also scrotal doppler ultrasound to look for inflammation 2. Continue taking the antibiotics as prescribed 3. Give scrotal support by wearing non-boxer type Jockey underwear, this will also help reduce pain by decreasing the traction 4. Tab Aceclofenac can be taken for the pain once to twice a day, please do not take it for more than 3 days 5. Avoid sex and masturbation until you are better I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you good health and a speedy recovery Regards