What is the treatment for painful spot vagina?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Question
I have this spot thing on my vagina only had it a few weeks ago sometimes it hurts to touch but other than that its fine help me please
Posted Fri, 17 Jan 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Sonila Borici 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please follow the answer below. Detailed Answer: Hi, The spot you are sending in the report seems to an abscess related to the infection of skin hair. Perhaps, there is an internal button of the abscess. I am sure, the aggravation would appear while on your periods (or before them). I would suggest to: - avoid shaving the genitalia. Instead, can use depilatory wax. - keep the affected area well cleaned; dried; apply o.t.c. iodine and oxygenated water and antibiotic ointment/cream - if no improvement, consult a surgeon/nurse to do the surgical clearing of the spotting Wish you all the best! Dr.Sonila Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!

Follow-up: What is the treatment for painful spot vagina? 8 minutes later
what is the treatment called so I can buy it

Answered by Dr. Sonila Borici 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please follow the answer below. Detailed Answer: Hi, You can try: - external iodine - oxygenated water - gentamycine cream or apply medicated bandages If no improvement, must consult a doctor/nurse for drainage. Dr.Sonila