What is the treatment for painful boil in nose for insulin dependents?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi I have a boil inside my nose which is very painful Am 67 yrs old and am an Insulin dependent Diabetic Please suggest treatment. Regards XXXXXXX XXXX
Posted Fri, 17 Jan 2014 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: controll your blood sugar level. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your query.You should check your fasting blood sugar level . Boil in nose itself means that your fasting blood sugar level is not under control which is very important. Never ever try to puncture it . But instead you should consult your doctor as your doctor can advise you further medication to bring diabetes under control. Also send me report of fasting blood sugar level and medication which you are taking. Avoid carbohydrate rich diet and try to take balanced diet . Do routine exercise e.g walking etc but do not forget to take some sugar or toffee in your pocket as i have seen patients walking then get faint due hypoglycemia. I hope you have get your answer. further queries are welcome. Thanks.