What is the treatment for pain in tail bone?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
hi my mother is facing a lot of pain in the tailbone. she has visited many doctors for the same but no one could provide her with a proper medication. please advise.
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: If required you may need local injection Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. Due to sitting on hard surface for long time sacrum may be injured. Due to microtauma there may be fibrosis formation. Do hot fomentation over sacrum. It will take weeks to months to subside. Use ring cushion and take sitz bath [sitting in lukewarm water for 10 min] Take analgesic like nucoxia 90 once daily along with tab methylcobalamine 1500 mcg once daily. If not relieved with all these methods then local injection may be required. You can take this consulting your doctor. Clinically spinal origin of pain needs to be ruled out, if required MRI spine can be done. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.