What is the treatment for neck pain?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I am having servical due to that pain in neck please suggest am suffering from last 1 years
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Treatment includes- Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Neck pain that you are having could occur due to degenerative spondylottic changes of the cervical spine. X-ray of neck in lateral view or MRI will help in the diagnosis. Treatment includes 1. Use of cervical collar helps in immobilisation and brings relief. 2. Medical drugs like pain killers - acetaminophen/ibuprofen and muscle relaxants might be helpful. 3. Cervical isometric exercises are beneficial to maintain the strength of the neck muscles. Neck and upper back stretching exercises, as well as light aerobic activities, also are recommended under the guidance of a physical therapist. 4. Hot fomentation helps in relieving acute symptoms. 5. You can avoid using a pillow. 6. You can avoid using a pillow/ watching TV or working on computer. Avoid prolonged sitting / leaning forward/ 2 wheeler driving for long distances. A course of Muscle relaxants, interferential therapy (IFT) for a week followed by exercises will help you. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care
Follow-up: What is the treatment for neck pain? 3 hours later
please mentioned medicine name that I need to take plz
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Anti-inflammatory drugs like Tablet Ibuprofen Detailed Answer: Hello, You can take anti-inflammatory drugs like Tablet Ibuprofen (Motrin) 1 tablet as and when required ( do not repeat a dose before 6 hours) with food to relieve the pain.