What is the treatment for my child suffering from fever?
User rating for this question
my child is 4 years and got fever last night until she was okay. we were travelling until yesterday morning and she was fine.
Posted Sun, 12 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax. Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for writing to us. I understand your concern. Fever is most likely to be viral in nature and settles in few days. I suggest you to; -monitor fever 4to 6 hourly and in case it is above 100F give acetaminophen as per dosage 15mg/kg body weight. -in case fever is above 102F do tepid sponging. -give plenty of fluids and soft bland diet so as to maintain hydration and nutrition. Watch for next 24 hours and if fever continues to be there get him evaluated by pediatrician to look for any focus of infection. Hope I have answered your query,let me know if you have any further question I would be glad to help. Wishing your child good health. God bless...
Follow-up: What is the treatment for my child suffering from fever? 13 minutes later
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: hi Detailed Answer: Thanks for your follow up. As per symptoms he is having upper respiratory infection which is mostly viral and takes few days to settle. Antibiotics are not required for viral infection. Continue with paracetamol. Give warm fluids as it will be soothing for throat. You can give combination of antiallergic with decongestant for relief of cold. Hope this helps. Take care..
People also viewed
- Loose motion and diaper rash
- Clear nipple discharge on cerazette
- 3 year old still diapers
- Cerazette clear up spots
- Cepodem and loose motions
- How to overcome central obesity
- 7 year old diapers at night
- Child suffering from dengue fever what treatment should be done
- Typhoid fever treatment for child
- Vomiting and diaper rash
- What is the treatment for my child suffering from fever
- What is the treatment for fever blisters
- Cerazet and right sided pelvic pain
- What is the treatment for fever in a child
- Diaper rash rectal area