What is the treatment for musical ear syndrome?

Do you know of any meds to treat MES. I have hearing loss and have MS. The MES is by far my worst problem.
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please, what is MES? Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this and the hearing loss. MES is not a common standard medical abbreviation, can you please write it out in full? Or, did you intend to write MS(multiple sclerosis)? Please, provide e with this information so that I can answer the question clearly making sure we are using the same terminology. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.
Follow-up: What is the treatment for musical ear syndrome? 1 hour later
MES is musical ear syndrome
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Thanks for following up!! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for following up with me. MES has no standard treatment. Main treatment is reassuring the patient that this presents no real threat to life, listening to different songs and making a conscious effort to block this constantly disturbing thought. Various different medications have been tried. How patients respond to this vary from one person to the other. Some of them include, benzodiazepine, antipsychotics, steroids, etc. Please, discuss with your doctor about these options so that he may consider trying them out to see whether any works good for you. Adjustments would be made depending on the preliminary results. ENT specialist are the best persons to consult on this. I wish you well. I hope this helps. Let me know whether you need some more information or clarifications. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.