What is the treatment for minor discomfort and occasional sharp pain in chest?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Have following symptoms: Minor chest discomfort & occasional sharp pain middle & right of chest Minor occasional tingling in chest Occasional heartburn Nausea NO vomiting Symptoms 6-8 weeks long Made worse by over indulgence 3 days ago Generally worse in evening
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: There is possibility- aggravation of hyperacidity Detailed Answer: Hello. I have studied your case There is possibility of aggravation of hyperacidity. Hyperacidity leads to epigastric pain and heart burn. I will advise to start antacids [proton pump inhibitors like] rabeprazole 20mg twice a day. Sucralfate will protect gastric mucosa and will give protective covering. Eat easily digestible food, stop non veg, and drink plenty of water. If not recovered then you need to consult your treating doctor. Then you may need to do heart check-up like BP, ECG and if required ECHO. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.