What is the treatment for marble sized lump on my stomach area?

i have a marble sized lump on my stomach area below my ribs what could that be??
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Pictures required Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your condition and I hope I am able to help you in the same. The kind of lesion that you have is suggestive of a lipoma of skin. But to be very sure, I would like to have a look at the skin lesion. Please click a close up picture of the same and upload it here on this page. Also please provide certain other details about the skin lesion. Since when do you have this lesion? Is it painful or painless in nature? Is there any change in the overlying skin in the form of any redness or pain? Is the skin lesion firm and movable? I am sure I would be able to help you more once you provide of the above details along with the pictures. Waiting for your response, Dr Geetika Paul.
Follow-up: What is the treatment for marble sized lump on my stomach area? 1 hour later
There is no lesion it is just a lump under my sling that I can feel. It is slightly painful but it feels sore.
Brief Answer: Lipoma skin Detailed Answer: Hi again The kind of skin lesion that you have points towards a lipoma. I would like to know if it appeared suddenly or it is a long standing lesion and is slowly increasing in size. Also hope it was not associated with any prior trauma. A lipoma is basically a collection of fat cells below the skin. It is essentially a harmless skin lesion and appears as a firm round freely movable lesion just below the skin. The overlying skin appears normal. Such lesions are slow appearing and long standing. They are mostly painless in nature but can sometimes be associated with pain. Normally they can be left on their own but if they cause too much pain and discomfort, then they have to be removed surgically. I would suggest you to take some painkillers in the form of paracetamol tablets for two to three days. It will help in reducing the associated discomfort. But if the pain tends to persist, then you can see a dermatologist or a surgeon for removal of the lesion. Else it can be left on its own. Dr Geetika Paul