What is the treatment for major depression?

I am in a clinical trial of GLYX-13 for Major Deprtession. I feel the injections are working slightly so far. Once tha trial ends, I would like to start a medication as similar to GLYK-13 as possible. Can you recommend some choices I can talk over with my doctor?
Posted Fri, 17 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 3 hours later
Brief Answer: It is a novel drug Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. The GLYX-13 is a novel antidepressant that has its action on NMDA receptor as an agonist. Its anovel drug with new mechanism of action and no drugs currently in the market have their action anywhere similar to the trial molecule. Unfortunately this is the case. After finishing the trial you can shifted to bupropion which acts on noradrenaline which is to some extent the end result of GLYX 13 as well. Bupropion is one of the options that you can be shifted on but its still not very similar. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.