What is the treatment for lower groin pain with slight numbness and swelling in leg?

lower goin pain with slight leg numbness & swelling at left ankle
Posted Wed, 5 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Could be a satellite adenitis!! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about these symptoms that you have reported. I hope we figure out the exact cause and identify solutions that would help relief you of these. Can you tell me for how long you have had these symptoms? Also, do you think the ankle could be infected? Do you have any fevers? Considering the information you have provided, it is possible that you have an infection at the ankle. When we have infections on our legs, the lymph node that fights infections here located in the groin becomes inflamed and painful. This may explain why you have this combination of symptoms. You can take some Tylenol to control the pains. If this ankle swelling should be an infection, then you need to contact your doctor for examination and antibiotics prescription. Unfortunate, I cannot examine you to confirm this suspicion or look for other possible causes. If you can upload a picture of the swollen ankle, I will take a look and get back to you with more suggestions. I hope this addresses your query fully. Thank you so much for using our services and please feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. I wish you the best of health. Dr. Ditah, MD.
Follow-up: What is the treatment for lower groin pain with slight numbness and swelling in leg? 6 minutes later
been happening off & on for 6 months ankle swelling only started latley pain is mainly while sitting not much while standing or working
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please, may I suggest you get consulted!! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for following up with me. Seen the long standing duration of this problem, I will suggest that you get consulted and evaluated for this appropriately. It becomes very difficult to make a cal on things that have gone up to six months because we always want to do some investigations like blood tests and imaging studies to obtain more information. There is no emergency in going in over night. I will suggest that you take you time, book an appointment with your primary doctor and start the process to get this addressed. I hope this helps. I wish you well. Dr. Ditah, MD.