What is the treatment for lower back pain?
User rating for this question
My husband has lower back pain which has been troubling him for a while. He has been up most of last night as when he is breathing the pain is radiating up his back.
Posted Fri, 24 Jan 2014 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: Get x-ray done. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your problem. Usually back pain is managed with pain-killers till 1 month period. If it persists beyond 1 month, then further investigations are done. Since your husband has a bad pain I will suggest the following: - Back pain can be due to many reasons. You should get x-ray lumbosacral spine done in AP and Lateral done send us report or discuss it with your doctor. Only then further management can be advised. - Avoid heavy weight lifting pushing and pulling heavy objects, because it will further increase back pain. - You can take medicine like painkillers + muscle relaxants by discussing it with your doctor. Your husband may need stronger pain-killers which are available on prescription only. He can try ibuprofen or naproxen till he sees his doctor. - Apply hot packs for 30 min in morning and evening . I hope it helps. You are welcome to ask further health related queries. Thanks. Dr.Singh.
People also viewed
- Why is there pain in my back and penis
- What treatment should be done for lower back pain
- Back pain with swelling in my left lower back
- What is the treatment for lower back pain
- Why is that every time you get a cold you feel dizzy
- Treatment for lower back pain
- What is the treatment for back pain
- Why do your hips get bigger as we change age
- What to do in order not to feel backache
- Experiencing bloating pressure tightness in the lower back
- Lower back front thigh pain - please help
- Why is there bright red blood on the toilet paper my bottom stings
- Why is there a lump on the bottom of my knee
- Why ornof is given by doc
- What is the treatment for prolonged lower back pain