What is the treatment for low sexual drive caused due to anxiety?
User rating for this question
First, I have general anxiety that I don't take daily medication for, as I only have the odd flare up and have recieved short term meds to get me though and then I am okay. These happen every few years. I was diagnosed with a vericocele last year. I work out frequently, have a good diet, and am happy overall. I started dating my girlfriend in the summer and we have had nothing short of great intimacy. A few weeks ago we fooled around after more drinking than I have been doing recently and I was unable to perform. I would consider this a traumatic experience. Ever since, I have been unable to perform (loss of erection before penetration) and have a lack of sex drive. My vericocele also hurts when my anxiety acts up. My girlfriend is not the stressor, she is nothing but supportive and understanding and I just want to get back to normal. I just feel stressed/have a mental block, and need to "get over this hump". It is really all I have been able to think about the last few weeks. I feel tired and like I have no testosterone at all. Any ideas to get me back on track? I have tried all my normal, non-medical anxiety reduction techniques.
Posted Mon, 20 Jan 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Its more like psychological. Detailed Answer: Hi, At your age in most patient such issues are due to psychological reasons rather than any medical condition.Your anxiety might playing a role in this. Varicocele is unlikely to have significant decisive role in this. Most patient improve with few sessions of counselling and only few need supportive medications to help maintain erection. Support and understanding nature of partner is most important factor. I suggest you to should consider a primary consultation with sex therapy doctor. The doctor would counsel you and help you regain the confidence. Hope this helps.Please feel free to ask if there are doubts.
People also viewed
- I was kicked in the balls and now im bleeding
- Suggest treatment for sexual anxiety
- If my semen is chunky am i fertile
- How to read a sperm analysis report wbc high
- Symptoms after epidural steroid injection
- How to increase sperm viscosity
- What are the possible treatments for anxiety
- Large blood clots during menstruation
- Metformin 850 tablets side effects
- Yeast infection symptoms in men
- Symptoms of anxiety and panic
- How to get your nut sack to hang lower
- What is the treatment for anxiety and depression
- What are treatments for anxiety
- What is the treatment for adhd and anxiety