What is the treatment for low libido caused due to triolmezest?

yes i am taking triolmezest 40 1 a day and my bp is now 125/75 when i measure at homo. the side effect of this tablet is low libido. how do i address this? SILDENAFIL 100 penegra xpress has no effect.what other medicine will be effective?
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hydrochlorothiazide needs to be discontinued Detailed Answer: Hello sir and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. You are quite right sir. Triolmezest contains the active ingredients amlodipine and hydrochlorothiazide. Out of these two components hydrochlorothiazide does present with the side effect of impotence, although this is not common. For those individuals experiencing this side effect, it is advised to report to your doctor who will help by changing the prescription and giving you other medications that do not present with any side effects. In my opinion it is better to discontinue the medication that is causing such an effect instead of continuing that medication and taking another medication to treat the side effects sir. But if you or your doctor choose to continue this medication, the medications used to treat impotence are: -Sildenafil (which you mentioned does not help you) -Tadalafil -Vardenafil These are the only medications used to treat impotence or erectile dysfunction sir. If one does not help you, you can discuss with your doctor the option of introducing another to your treatment regimen. I hope you find my response both helpful and informative sir. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help. Best wishes.