What is the treatment for low blood pressure?
User rating for this question
i have been having trouble with low blood pressure and sweating spells really bad I do not know what to do
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Further investigation is required Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, Thanks for posting your query, Sorry for your health troubles. If you are having persistent low blood pressure or hypotension then you will require medical attention as it could be as a result of an underlying diseases condition which could become fatal if ignored. A drop of blood pressure below the normal could be due to sudden loss of blood/shock, severe infection, heart attack etc but since yours seem to be long lasting, it is certainly not one of the those conditions but rather chronic conditions that either have been determined in the hospital or not. A condition such as orthostatic hypotension is the most common in older adults such as yourself. This is also common amongst hypertensive and those suffering from parkinson's diseases. It is often hardly a serious condition, but when severe could reveal fatal as it could lead to cardiac arrest or heart attack. Other conditions that maybe or may not lead to hypotension in your situation include (certain medicines and substances can lead to low blood pressure): - Alcohol - Anti-anxiety medicines - Certain antidepressants - Diuretics - Heart medicines, including those used to treat high blood pressure and coronary heart disease - Medicines used for surgery - Painkillers Other causes of low blood pressure include: - Nerve damage from diabetes - Changes in heart rhythm (arrhythmias) - Not drinking enough fluids (dehydration) - Heart failure In any case, I recommend you see a cardiologist who can run further diagnostic after physical examination to determine the cause and also establish the state of your health/body then maybe provide some treatment to remedy the situation. I do wish that you have full recovery and have a better health. Hope this helps and wish you the best. Dr. Nsah
People also viewed
- Smoke weed 2 months ago drug test
- What is classed as low blood pressure
- Emergency treatment low blood pressure
- When is it safe to smoke after a tonsillectomy
- Treatment and cure for low blood pressure
- 3 days late on period but i have had a tubal ligation 4 yrs ago
- I hit my head .3 weeks ago . is normal the bump still there
- Can fluttering be due to premature ventricular contractions?
- Can my lack of concentration be due to low blood pressure ?
- Does dizziness or lightheadedness signify mitral valve prolapse?
- Can atrial septal defect cause swelling of legs, feet or abdomen?
- What causes low blood pressure
- Treatment for low blood pressure
- Last period a week ago today i spotted and was cramping what is it
- Can pectus excavatum cause rapid heartbeat or heart palpitations?