What is the treatment for large discoloured skin tag on left buttock?

i have a growth on the middle left buttock. It actually looks like a large discolored skin tag (much larger), it has been there for over year and never hurt but it is starting to hurt a little now. I have a photograph i can send.
Posted Wed, 27 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Skin tag or warts Detailed Answer: Hi, I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I will be able to help you in the same. Form your description of the skin lesion, it looks like either you have a large skin tag or it is a wart. I would like to have a look at the exact skin lesion before coming to any diagnosis. It would be great if you can take some close up pictures of the skin lesions and upload them here on this page. You can also email them at YYYY@YYYY with heading as ref to Dr Geetika Paul. I am sure I would be able to help you more once you follow up with the pictures. Waiting for your response. Dr Geetika Paul.
Follow-up: What is the treatment for large discoloured skin tag on left buttock? 24 minutes later
I have attached pictures Please advise. I'm getting concerned. It is not hard. Same size for a year. Never hurt until recent.
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Hemorrhage in a skin tag. Detailed Answer: Hi, Having seen the pictures, I can assure you not to worry since the skin lesion is just a skin tag. Now I can understand that you are apprehensive since there is sudden onset of pain in the lesion. Skin tags are usually benign and painless outgrowths from the skin; but sometimes they become painful if there is any trauma or pull to these lesions. Same might have happened in your case. Sometimes we unknowingly exert a pull over the skin tag or we tend to scratch or pull it or the same can happen while wearing or removing clothes. In such cases, a trivial trauma can occur which can lead to hemorrhage at some part of the skin tag, thereby causing pain. Now all you need to do is simply to take some painkiller for two or three days. This will help in reducing pain as well as the associated inflammation. You can put a small bandage or bandaid over the lesion to cover it , in order to prevent any further trauma to it for few days. Other than this, I can not appreciate any signs of infection over the lesion. Although skin tags are essentially harmless in nature, but if it continues to worry you, then you can go for a removal of the lesion at any later stage once the pain is gone. You can consult a dermatologist or a surgeon to get this removed. I am sure that this will help you. If you have any other query, please let me know. Dr Geetika Paul.