What is the treatment for intermittent sharp pain in chest?

I am having off and on sharp pains in my chest.I am a little scared
Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Praveen 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: Could you please elaborate Detailed Answer: Hi, I have thoroughly read your query & deeply understand your concern. Where do you get chest pain? Is it behind the sternum? Does the pain radiate to your left shoulder/jaw/arm? Do you have heaviness of the chest? Do you have any difficulty in breathing? Do you have sweating? Since how long and how frequently are you getting pain? Does the pain increase with exertion like walking or climbing stairs? When/how does the pain subside? Are you on any medication? Are you a smoker/alcoholic? Do you have family history of cardiovascular diseases? Please read these above questions and answer them completely. Please feel free to share and help us serve you better. Keep us posted. Thanks