What is the treatment for infection of the glans penis due to dry unprotected sex?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I tested for all std and was positive for clymidia but I took the atibiotics for that weeks ago other than that what could be the cause of the red areas and the small bumps on the rim of my penis and I have also had these head achs that started after I had sex my first time and I tested negative for Hiv the bumps are not iterated at all its just red in some places and has bumps I also had a bump on my shaft 3 weeks ago that I squeezed and clear fluid came out of it it was not painful and didn't turn into a ulcer but I just assumed it was herpes or irretation
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer: It is likely to be infection of Glans(Ballanitis) Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have acquired infection of the glans penis due to dry ?unprotected sex for the first time. You need to take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefotaxime along with anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily Ensure to clean your genitals with warm water twice daily and apply topical antibiotic ointment like Neosporin for 10 days. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.