What is the treatment for incomplete evacuation of feces ?

Feb 2016

General Surgeon
My question for a gastroenterologist specialist is when I have a bowel movement I have a hard time cleaning afterwards. I feel as though I'm done and later I check my rectum and I'm dirty again. It takes a while to finally get completely empty and clean. Next thing I know I'm spelling feces again. I do not feel it coming. I just had another colonoscopy January 5th, 2014. Do I need to see a Proctologist? I feel that something is wrong and the colonoscopy is not showing it. My dating life has been on hold for atleast a year now. Please help.
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes, please see the Proctologist. Detailed Answer: Hi, I see you wanted to get a gastroenterologist opinion on your issue. As you have posted this question on Ask a Doctor and a gastroenterologist haven't replied to you yet; I shall take this opportunity to answer. I have plenty of experience in dealing with intestinal complaints. Your history of illness and medications noted. This is a case of feeling incomplete evacuation and unable to pass feces at once. It is good that colonoscopy is normal meaning- it can rule out only the organic problems like a mass or an ulcer; not the functional problems. I would advise you to have a course of an antibiotic with metronidazole ( which needs a prescription form your Doctor) which will help to clean the bowel of any subacute infection causing your present problem. Definitely seeing the proctologist is the best idea and I suggest you should. Regards