What is the treatment for hyper pigmentation problem?

hello doctor...i am 26 year old girl , my complexion is getting darker and darker day by day, i started looking dull and weak....but i am not ill...i am perfectly all right, i dont go out in the sun as i stay at home all the day and i am vegetarian...and i eat all good veg stuff.. i dont eat fast food, no alcohol, no cold drinks or smoking, no coffee....i eat fruits and vegetables alot. also i drink water alot.... i dont have any health problems....but then what is happening...i was not that much fair...but wheatish...and now i am getting darker...dull glow at all..dark eye circles....but i take proper sleep. please help. i dont believe in going to parlors as they are just waste of money. please suggest something. evrybody have started pointing at me...
Posted Mon, 3 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for the query. This hyper pigmentation can be removed by using skin lightening creams. Various creams are available like melalite xl, lookbrite, Lumaglow etc. You can take any of them. Avoid stepping out in the sun when you have applied this cream. The following should be procedure to use it. 1. Wash your face in evening around 7. 2. Dry face and apply cream all over your face. 3. Keep it for one hour. 4. Wash face again. 5. Apply some moisturizing cream and sleep. 6. In morning apply a sunscreen with spf at least 30. Do this for a month, you will get good results. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you
Follow-up: What is the treatment for hyper pigmentation problem? 1 hour later
thank you so much doc, but how can i get hyper pigmentation when i am not going out. and its not happening only on face but all over my body...i am getting darker tone, and whatt about my dark circles ? also i dint mentioned(darker lips and sometimes swollen and puffy eyes) sometimes i feel that my eyes are also getting smaller. for dark lips i referred a doc..but he suggested to get laser done. but results are not guaranteed. its not only about looking dark, but looking ill....when i am not. should i get some tests done.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 22 hours later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello Change is skin color usually happens due to exposure to ultra violet rays. Its not necessary to go out in sun. Even the light inside house contains ultra violet rays. Please dont go for LASERS there can be rebound hyperpigmentation. The cream which I have suggested act against melanin and help in reducing skin color. Also get a thyroid profile done. Hypothyroidism may be related to generalized discoloration of skin. Regarding eyes getting smaller, I dont think it can happen but if you have doubt please meet an eye specialist and get it checked. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you