What is the treatment for hurting front teeth and nose filled with mucus due to cocaine usage?

ENT Specialist
My nose hurts real bad from cocaine use 6 mos and also my top front teeth. My nose is full of mucus lookin sores on walls.
Posted Sat, 4 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Stop cocain and follow your doctors advice Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Cocaine use causes vasoconstriction of the nasal mucosa along with other harmful effects. That leads to crusting and ulceration of nasal mucosa and this leads to problems with the normal cilliary function of nasal mucosa. Normal cilliary function is required for the smooth and normal flow of nasal secretions. So your nose is full of mucous because of crusts and pent up secretions which are not moving normally because of bad cilliary function. Pain is because of ulceration and crusting and the area gets infected and thus because of inflammation the pain is there. Easier and nice way out is to stop using cocaine, do saline douching of nasal cavities, use a lubricating ointment and keep the area clean and lubricated. Please consult an ENT as there many a times occurs septal perforation and that needs an ENT attention. Feel free to ask another query. Regards