What is the treatment for high triglycerides while taking finofibrate?

my triglycerides were high and i had finofibrate 145 mg for 2 months. there is only marginal improvement. what should i do now
Posted Fri, 7 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: Kindly send in the results of lipid profile... Detailed Answer: Hi, Before running into final conclusions, I'd ask to have your blood work and lipid profile results. They will help me assist you further. If your triglycerides were high, apart taking fenofibrates, you should follow a healthy lifestyle and diet regimen including: - drinking more water - do more physical activity - limit amount of sugary, oily, processed foods - eat more raw vegetables - avoid fried foods - eat only white meat (chicken, fish) If after 3 months of lifestyle and diet changes, your lipid profile won't change, you should discuss talking with your physician to start statins. However, a further evaluation of lipid profile is needed. Looking forward to have the results of your lipid profile in! Dr.Benard