What is the treatment for high bp,sugar,depression,anxiety caused due to steroid taken for chronic iritis?

Rheumatologist
Question
HI I AM A 53 YEAR OLD FEMALE I HAVE CHRONIC IRITIS HAVE LOST ALL VISION IN LEFT EYE AND IS NOW STARTING IN RIGHT EYE, HAVE BEEN ON ORAL STEROID PREDSOME FOR 4 YEARS NEVER HAD ANY HEALH ISSUES UNTIL NOW , HIGH BP TO LO BP, FIBRO, SUGAR , TRIGIMINAL NEUROLOGIA, DEPRESSION , ANIXETY , PANIC ATTACKS, HAVE NOT DRIVEN A CAR IN 3 YEARS. NOW I GET DIZZY , HAVE PASSED OUT ON OCCASION, STOMACH FEELS BLOATED AND STRANGE AFTER EATING HAVE TO LIE DOWN BECAUSE OF LIGHTHEADED FEELING, I AM ON A NUMBER OF MEDS, JUST FEEL FATIGUED, STRANGE
Posted Sun, 5 Jan 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I will like to tell you that you are suffering from a number of ailments so it will be very difficult to give you a single reason causing this problem but since you are on chronic steroid therapy for 4 years it seems to be the culprit behind your problems . Your BP , Sugar , depression all can be because of that . But since you are suffering from chronic iritis it will not be possible to stop the steroids . You need to consult your ophthalmologist regarding use of topical steroids so that systemic steroids can be tapered but he needs to take a decision regarding this as he remains the best judge of the situation . Take care. Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: What is the treatment for high bp,sugar,depression,anxiety caused due to steroid taken for chronic iritis? 19 hours later
I have actually tapered off the oral steroid. what now I finished the steroid sept. 6 2013, just today I am dizzy as a bed bug, stomach feels strange, had to lie down , still dizzy. have metal taste in mouth, and brown coating in top of mouth and throat. What is going on? I have to get well before XXXXXXX my first grandchild is coming...

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, It might be possible that since you are not taking prednisone that is the main cause for your dizziness . You need to see an endocrinologist , get your serum cortisol levels tested . It will have to be looked that since you took it for 4 years whether it was tapered slowly or not because tapering should be done very slowly considering individuals response so it may lead to features of steroid withdrawl . Dr. Shruti