What is the treatment for hereditary hair loss?

Hello, I am concerned about possible hereditary hair loss. My father is mostly bald as well as my younger brother. I will be 30 in a month. So far my hair looks mostly normal, I have tried to see if I have a receding hairline by comparing myself to older photos taken of myself, but I can't notice too much difference. Whenever I comb my hair, I lose a few hairs. I also lose a few hairs whenever I shampoo. I also notice some places where my hairline is uneven on my forehead. Am I going bald?
Posted Wed, 5 Feb 2014 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: Not exactly.... Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this growing concern about baldness. Loosing a few hairs whenever you shampoo or comb is totally normal. If the hairline has not changed when compared with pictures taken years ago, then certainly you are doing good, at least for now. Baldness runs in the family. The fact that your father and brother are balds clearly increases your chances of becoming bald but, it is not a guarantee. It takes a family history of baldness and high levels of male sex hormones before this can occur. Don't be surprised you never get bald. Also, you may get bald. There is no test or list of information that can appropriately say you would or would not. If anything should happen, the medical sciences have advanced and there are many procedures that can be done to address this. There is really no reason to get too worried about this. Am bald myself, but comfortable and happy with it. In all, your chances are increased than person without a family history. However, it does not necessarily mean that you would go bald. I hope this addresses your query fully. Thank you so much for using our services and please feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. I wish you the best of health. Dr. Ditah, MD.