What is the treatment for headache with eye freckle and constant thalamic pain?

I was referred by my optician to the eye hospital with an eye freckle.The freckle has not changed shape in 6 months which I am told is good.The hospital has said it will see me again in a few months.I am concerned because for the last couple of weeks I have been waking up everyday with a nasty headache on the left side of my head above the affected eye.I also feel nauseous. I was recently given the all clear from the XXXXXXX Cancer Hospital in Manchester where I was treated for a malignant melanoma. I have constant thalamic pain down my entire left side following a cva in 1990.I could be confusing the two pains but this feels very different.I do not recall seeing any floaters but as I have serious memory problems this might not be the case.I am very nervous about the possible outcome of my current problem having read far too much on the web.
Posted Fri, 27 Dec 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: You require follow up as advised by your doctor. Detailed Answer: Hello, Iam Dr. DADAPEER K an Ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye. Freckles are because of increased amounts of melanin deposition in the basal layers of the epidermis of the skin. It is seen on the sun exposed areas of the skin. Few freckles rarely transform into a malignant melanoma called as lentigo maligna melanoma. However the rate of transformation is not very high. But all freckles particularly in elderly individuals need follow up as advised by your doctor. The signs indicating of malignant change are Increase in size Increase in pigmentation Ulceration Infiltration If you notice any of the above mentioned changes, then you need to worry and consult your doctor. The pain and other symptoms like headache and nausea which you are having are not related to the present condition. Hence I advice you to not to become nervous or worry about the freckle as many of the freckles are very slow growing and may not transform into malignant melanoma. However you require regular follow up as advised by your doctor. Hope I have answered your query. Thank you