What is the treatment for headache and sore muscle in my neck?

Apr 2014

I have headaches that seem to start in the nerves of my scalp. They can be on one side, the top, both sides, or the back and do vary in location. They are not daily but have been increasing. Can't figure out what it is. Also, I often have a sore muscle in my neck on the right side. Wonder if this might be associated with the pain. Head pain is not sharp.
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: It may be due to spondylosis or hypertension. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX Mostly headache is due to benign reasons. It may be due to tension headache,migraine headache,sinus headache,hypertension headache,neck or eye problems etc. You need proper clinical examination and investigations. You are right.In your case headache may be related to neck problem.You need X-ray of cervical spine in AP/Lateral view to rule out spondylotic changes.If spondylosis is confirmed then it should be managed with analgesics and physiotherapy. I don't think you have serious problem.Control over hypertension should also be assessed.Uncontrolled hypertension leads to headache. Irrespective of the cause,primary treatment of headache is NSAID drugs or the combination of paracetamol, acetylsalicylic acid and caffeine. Further specific treatment depend upon clinical findings.If necessary,you can consult neurologist.CT Scan or MRI of brain can be done if needed. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX