What is the treatment for headache and fatigue due to viral infection?

Hi I have a 7 year old son who since sunday has been unwell. He had a fever sun/mon with headache and nausea. He no longer has a fever but is very pale dark circles under his eyes bloodshot eyes still complaining of headaches and is very fatigued?
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 1 hour later
Brief Answer: relax. Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. Symptoms you mentioned are pointing to some viral infection which takes few days to settle. I suggest you to ; -give combination of ibuprofen and acetaminophen 6 to 8 hourly. -gently place ice packs over eyes.for a minute 2 to 3 times a day. -antihistaminic like benadry can be given in prescribed dosage -give plenty of fluids and soft bland diet. In case there is : -blurring of vision. -irritation to light -severe pain get him examined by doctor. Hope I have answered your query Wishing your child good health. God bless..