What is the treatment for head pressure weakness inspite of getting treated at the best neurology centres?

Nov 2013

head presser weakness pass out for half hour or several hours then everything is ok for a while tell the next one could have one to three in a day. seen doctors mayo clinic no explanation been going on for 4 years. taking pills for migraines helps the presser a little
Posted Thu, 27 Mar 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Seizures and TIAs need to be excluded Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. I have noted your symptoms. It is unfortunate that your symptoms have been persisting for four years despite getting treated at the best neurology centres. In addition to migraine, we need to exclude seizures and transient ischemic attacks (TIAs). This would require doing long-term video EEG and MRI with angiogram of brain (if not already done). Even if tests are negative, it may be worthwhile starting on aspirin and anti-seizure medications to look for relief of symptoms. I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: My BLOG: