What is the treatment for hard bumps on head of penis and reddish discoloration on head?

Dec 2013

Where can I attach a picture? I had a small hard bump apear on yead of penis. It broke open ( assuming from friction) and secrets s clear fluid. I am also developing a redish discoloration on another location on head. I am 32, 73 inces tall 190 lbs. Diagnosedvwith crohn's in 2009 with no recurrences, HPV in 2000 treated no recurrances. Sexually active. I have a hd picture if helpful. I work extremely romote areas and intense schedule and will not be able to see a gp for months this is the second time this has appeared. The fiest was about 3 months ago, same circumstances went away and now back
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possibility of herpes Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome and thanks for posting your to healthcare magic. I can understand your concern for small hard bump on penile head. After reading your query as well thoroughly analyzing the picture I can make out the first possibility of herpes genitalis infection. I further ask you some relevant information from your side: - since how many days you have this problem. - Have you felt any fluid filled vesicles at the site previously 3 months back or now. - Any history of unprotected intercourse in last 6 months or before. To tell you medically - Herpes lesions manifest itself as small vesicles (fluid filled blisters) which remains for just a day or two and then forms ulcers which are quite painful. These ulcers then heals in next 5-7 days. To begin with these vesicles may be painful and itchy with discomfort. The vesicles burst in a day or two then the ulcers which are formed are bit painful for next 4-5 days. There is recurrence of the lesion in few weeks to months of period whenever there is stress or any type of exposure to cold or extremes of weather. I suggest you to go for the blood test for IgM and IgG of herpes simplex type 1 & 2. Hope I have answered your query, if you have any further query I will be happy to help. Wish you good health with regards, Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia (MD - Skin & Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
Follow-up: What is the treatment for hard bumps on head of penis and reddish discoloration on head? 17 hours later
Just for clarity. Would this hold true even though there is no pain associated? I also have a rash the seems to appear at the same time on other parts of my body. Mainly hands, side and legs.
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Kindly see the suggestions below Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome again to the forum and thanks for your further follow up. In general herpes infection is always accompanied with pain, burning or irritation of the area but in some patients these can be minimally present or imperceptible. If you do not have pain then it is not unusual to find the same. I have given you the information based on the recurrence lesion and the type of physical appearance in the picture. The rest of the rash over body can be due to multiple of reason including environmental factors and any contact allergen or due to outdoor activity. WE do not find any rash with herpes in general. In my series of patients having your kind of condition I always prefer to go for the blood tests for IgM and IgG of herpes simplex type 1 & 2. For the interim of help you can follow the suggestions below: - Wash your penile area for two times in a day with plane water. Wash it very gently but properly. It is quite important to retract your skin fully backwards and then wash the area. - After every sexual intercourse/masturbation too, wash the area properly. - Wear cotton undergarments. Change these two times a day. Do not wear any synthetic or tight garments. - Avoid intercourse for few days. Preferably do not masturbate for few days. When starting again then be gentle and do not be vigorous in the act. - always use condoms as protective measure. - DO not try to touch the area unnecessarily or pinch and pop the area otherwise can lead to secondary infection. - You can apply a antibiotic cream containing mupirocin or fucidin in it. Apply in a very thin layer so that it should not be visible to the naked eye. I hope these information will help you. If you have any further queries I will be glad to help or if you do not then can close the query and rate the answer. Regards, Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia MD (Dermatology and Sexually transmitted diseases)