What is the treatment for hair fall and is it possible get back my black hair??

Dermatologist
Question
My hairs are falling much and becoming thin. Request your advice to avoid hair fall & to get back hairs(If possible). For Info- My scalp and skin is oily.
Posted Mon, 3 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 2 hours later
Brief Answer: you might be having male pattern baldness. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to us. From the description provided, you could be having male pattern baldness. It is characterised by hair loss from front, sifes and centre of scalp. In my opinuon, you may apply minoxidil 5 percent 1 ml twice in a day and take a an oral hair supplement like androanagen daily. It contains vitamins, minerals and aminoacids good for hair growth. As you have an oily scalp, use ketoconazole salicylic acid based shampoo every alternate days. Usually the above prescription should be followed for three to four months to see response. Hope this helped. Take care

Follow-up: What is the treatment for hair fall and is it possible get back my black hair?? 32 hours later
Thank you mam. Is the above treatment just for avoiding hair fall or to get back the hairs?

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It would control hair fall and lead to hair growth Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing back. The above mentioned treatment will not only control hair fall but also cause hair growth. You may use following products for good hair growth Take a hair supplement like androanagen daily Apply minoxidil solution 5 percent 1 ml twice daily over scalp( Mintop or tugain or amexidil or gaine hair) Use a ketoconazole salicylic acid based shampoo to control oily flaky scalp like salisia KT shampoo. Follow the same for four to six months to get good response. Hope this helped. Take care

Follow-up: What is the treatment for hair fall and is it possible get back my black hair?? 2 hours later
Thanks:-) Will there be any side effects if take these medicines? And can you suggest me where exactly will i get all the above medicines(proper one)?

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 5 hours later
Brief Answer: these medicines are safe to use. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX These medicines are quite safe to use. Minoxidil at times causes little bit or irritation or itching over scalp but thats not commonly seen. You can get these medicines at any good medical store. I have already suggested some common brands that are easily available. Hope this helped.