What is the treatment for groin pain due to UTI?
User rating for this question
i am XXXXXXX XXXXXXX 24+ /female 67 kg / 5'4" /35 th week pregnant /first issue . uti recured three time . uti recured last 30 th week. URILISER has been continuing for last 5 weeks . now i am feeling bad GROIN pain . it is too much for today night . is uti back again ? or kideny stone ? no pain during urination . no fever . urine R/E pus count -1-2 microrganism- few . culture shows groth but not for E COLI but for KLEBSIELLA SP./ AMICAKACIN , CIPROFLOXACIN , GENTAMYCICIN, NITROFURANTION IS SENSITIVE . MURTIFUR MR 200 (NITROFURANTION ) HAS TAKEN 30 TH WEEK FOR UTI . NOVACLOX HAS TAKEN AT 33 TH WEEK. WHAT SHOULD I DO
Posted Wed, 15 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please find detailed answer below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing in to us. I would like to know when was Klebsiella growth isolated in your urine. Was it in week 30 or 33 or presently. Anyway, coming to the groin pain, there can be many causes like urinary infection, urinary stones or the progressing pregnancy itself. It is important for you to meet your gynecologist and also get an ultrasound scan (including screening through your kidneys). Some of the precautions you may take are: Wipe front-to-back after urinating or defecating Wash hands before using the toilet Use washcloths to clean the perineum Use liquid soap to prevent colonization from bar soap Clean the urethral meatus first when bathing The antibiotics taken by you earlier are fine. Drink good amounts of water and fluids to prevent dehydration. Wear loose cotton inner wear. Do not hold urine gor long durations. Hope your query is answered. Do write back if you have any. Dr.A.Rao Kavoor
People also viewed
- Taking methadone while on suboxone
- Can clozaril cure schizophrenia, paranoid ?
- Will keppra treat chronic daily headache ?
- What is the best treatment for uti
- Unisom vs melatonin
- Is epifoam used in the treatment of hemorrhoids?
- Niacin triglyceride-lowering mechanism
- What is the treatment for stabbing pain in groin area
- Can i take endometrin for uterine bleeding?
- Oxycodone nausea remedy
- What is the treatment for groin pain due to uti
- Mefenamic tablets
- What is the treatment for pain in back and groin
- What is the proper treatment for uti
- Is trasylol used in the treatment of dic ?