What is the treatment for generalized dystonia with numbness in left side of body?

My wife suffers from generalized dystonia but last night her whole left side of body went numb and eye and mouth were droopy. She was like this for about an hour she was laying on her stomach on the ground and could hear everything but could not speak or move. She also suffers from severe migraines and complained about having the worst headache she's ever had. She says she is feeling a little better today but is this something we should go and take her in for because it so hard these days with all her symptoms that they just look at you in the E.R. like why are you here it has to do with her movement disorder we cant help you. Any help is appreciated.
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Suggested detailed neurological clinical tests Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing in to us. Neurological complaints should never be ignored. I agree that your wife did have dystonia, something to do with her movement disorder but would surely like to suggest getting her clinical neurological examination done completely. Numbness afftecting one half of the body and a worst headache scenario may have to do something in the brain. Depending on clinical examination, suspicion of any significant brain areas being involved may he made. This may then require imaging investigations like CT or MRI scans and EEG. I suggest you make an appointment with the neurologist and get her evaluated in detail for this particular episode. Hope your query is answered. Do write back if you have any doubts. Dr.A.Rao Kavoor