What is the treatment for erectile dysfunction?

Hi I am 26 male. i have a sexuall problem. my penis is not erect when i am doing sex and there is also skin on my top of penis.what should i do?
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Need treatment for skin on top of penis. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress. In treatment Erectile dysfunction (ED) first step is to identify cause of the problem. Erectile dysfunction can be a result of a psychological or physical problem or structural problems. Psychological causes: Most common cause in young patients. These include performance anxiety, emotional weakness, inferiority complex, stress. Physical causes: Include neurological disorders, alcoholism, drug abuse, hormonal imbalances, diabetes, hypertension, blood vessel disease and chronic diseases. Structural problems: In penis and foreskin (Phimosis, paraphimosis and short phrenulum) For normal erection it is necessary for foreskin of penis to slide over glans penis. If it is not, it cause pain and erectile dysfunction. Skin on top of the glans penis can occur in 2 condition: Phimosis and Short phrenulum. Phimosis is treated by circumscision and short phrenulum is treated by Z Plasty operation. Operation is simple and last for only 10-15 Minutes in local anesthesia. Both of these condition can be addressed by plastic surgeon or general surgeon. I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups. Wish you good health. Regards,
Follow-up: What is the treatment for erectile dysfunction? 11 hours later
Is this operation is necessary? How long should i take rest after this operation? What will happen if i am not go for operation?
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 12 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hello again, Thanks for follow up. Q. Is this operation is necessary? How long should i take rest after this operation? Answer: In your case first confirmation of diagnosis is needed after examination by surgeon. Operation may not be necessary in mild cases. No rest is needed after operation. Person can go for work on same day as procedure is very simple and take 15 Minutes only. Q. What will happen if i am not go for operation? Answer: Problem may continue in erection. Wish you good health. Regards