Ask a Urologist   »  

What is the treatment for epididymitis with left varicocele and what are the tests to find bacteria in prostate?

Urologist
Question
Hi, I am trying to find a urologist who can please assist me in doing the above tests 3 glass, 4 glass and EPS culture to determine the bacteria's causing my CBP. I contracted an STI 4 months ago and had developed epididymitis and finally symptoms of prostatitis. Ultrasound and post prostate massage urine showed nothing. It was discovered that I haf left vericocele which is common in 20% of the male n mine ws so minor that it could nt be the reason for my left testicle/groin pain. To which I totally agree as all this has only happend after c trachomtis infection. I have done a 40 day doxcycycline n a couple of wks of cipro etc. No sti shows in anything now. But I am certain some of the bacteria is in the prostate, just need these tests n targeted treatment if there is any with regular prostate massage...please help. I am in New Delhi
Posted Wed, 25 Dec 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 20 hours later
Brief Answer: EPS Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, It seems that you have had epididymitis and currently you are experiencing some discomfort. I all probability it is just residual discomfort and shall go away. However, I can certainly help you with EPS and prostatic massage and also start you on medications that shall cure you of the discomfort. You can find my details on the website itself. Take care. Sincerely Rajiv Goel

Follow-up: What is the treatment for epididymitis with left varicocele and what are the tests to find bacteria in prostate? 11 minutes later
I have heard of post infection inflamation...so ur suggesting that this is just that n since nothing was found in the post prostate massage urine culture there probably is no bacteria. What medication r u recommending n when? after EPS culture results or before to ease the discomfort? I was put on 10 mg of alpha blocker couple of days ago n it seemed to have provided some releif. also have been doing pelvic floor exercises it all seems to be helping. now only god knows if this is all placebo effect or something actually is working...so I am definitely not getting on an antibiotics regimen that is not targeted if there is bacteria cus only helps make the culprits more resistant. Thanks. .n I will try to contact you if u can asssit with eps cultute n medical prostate massage

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: Alpha blocker Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, I shall suggest you to continue on alpha blocker for 4 weeks and consider going in for EPS and prostate massage if your troubles are still persisting. Take care Sincerely Rajiv goel

Follow-up: What is the treatment for epididymitis with left varicocele and what are the tests to find bacteria in prostate? 8 minutes later
Dr.Goel, Thanks for your suggestion and prompt responses. I was thinking the same thing. Just that CBP and CPPS are scary issues and I did not want to leave any stone unturned. I am travelling in a few weeks for an extended period of time. if I don't feel confident of the situation in a couple of weeks I will contact you for the same. Regards, XXXX

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: take care Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, No worries. Take care. Sincerely Rajiv goel

Follow-up: What is the treatment for epididymitis with left varicocele and what are the tests to find bacteria in prostate? 5 hours later
Hi Doc, I would still be interested in getting the KE 3-glass urine test done asap. Is that something you can help me with or point me in the right direction as to where that can be done. Thanks, XXXX

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 18 hours later
Brief Answer: 3 glass test Detailed Answer: Dear sir, You can walk into any of the labs and ask for the 3 glass urine test to be done. However, if you are unsuccessful you can always contact me for that to be done and also may be the EPS too. Sincerely Rajiv goel