What is the treatment for enlarged muscle in shoulder area while suffering from lung cancer and bone cancer?

When dressing this morning I noticed that on the left shoulder/neck area what appeared to be an enlarged muscle. However when I touched it , it was soft to the touch - almost like fluid buildup. I don't think this is a lymph node area, but unsure. I am stage 4 lung cancer, bone cancer, and have been through prostate cancer 9 years ago with surgery and hormone treatment as well as radiology. Diagnosed with Lung Cancer in Feb and given 6-9 months.
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 2 hours later
Brief Answer: May be fluid collection Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. It may actually be fluid collection because of the cancer in the chest blocking normal fluid drainage pathway. Lymph glands can also get enlarged in that region but they are not that soft. You need to get yourself examined by your doctor so that if it is fluid buildup then appropriate management can be done (for example, radiotherapy to the thorax). Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer further followup queries, if any.
Follow-up: What is the treatment for enlarged muscle in shoulder area while suffering from lung cancer and bone cancer? 3 hours later
Thank you, I will have a CT Scan this afternoon.
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 7 hours later
Brief Answer: You are welcome Detailed Answer: If you do not have any other queries, then please close the query and give feedback.