What is the treatment for dry chapped labia with swelling,redness and itching?

i have dry chapped labia as well as minor swelling and redness and itching. What can i do?
Posted Sat, 11 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: It's most likely yeast. I need more information Detailed Answer: Hi Young lady, Thanks for your query. I need more information (in as much detail as possible) to identify the cause. Did you shave the affected area prior to onset of the problems? Did you have unprotected sex? Do you have vaginal discharge or itching/soreness in the vagina? Do you get burning sensation while passing urine? However, from the sketchy information provided, it is apparently an yeast infection. It can be a bacterial infection if it followed shaving in that area. I would therefore recommend that you apply cotrimazole ointment thrice daily over the affected part; a 10 days' course of fluconazole + Secnidazole / metronidazole + Azithromycin. This course of therapy will cover ALL possible infections and you will be get complete relief within 2 weeks. Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with my opinion and prescribe the advised drugs in appropriate doses. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal
Follow-up: What is the treatment for dry chapped labia with swelling,redness and itching? 7 minutes later
it burns a little bit while urinating. itching and soreness. not really any discharge. no i have not shaved recently, so i don't think that's any relation to the issue.
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Take advised treatment for recommended duration Detailed Answer: OK lady. This confirms my suspicion of co-existing UTI. Apparently, there is no vaginal involvement. BUT, DON'T WORRY. The advised treatment will take complete care of your UTI too.