What is the treatment for double vision when suffering from type2 diabetes?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
I am experiencing double vision. It began a week ago today. I went to an ER and had a CT scan and blood work. All were normal, accept a glucose of 215. I had just had a sandwich and do have diabetes type 2. My blood pressure has been running high, like 177/97. Just before Christmas I experienced a sharp headache, and had trouble finishing a sentence. It occurred to me later that I may have had a TIA. I am traveling away from home. What should I be doing? Other than wearing a patch, is there anything I can do to restore normal sight?
Posted Mon, 3 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please consult a cardiologist before travelling... Detailed Answer: Hi my dear, The symptoms you are referring (double vision) could be related to: - increased blood pressure : should check with cardiologist to exclude TIA and other ischemic problems. Running ECG, cardiac echo and Holter monitoring are necessary to further evaluate your heart. - poor diabetes control as shown with a level of 215 of blood sugar - high ocular pressure (glaucoma) : should check your eyes by an ophtalmologist Meanwhile, I'd suggest to : - take your medications regularly and as prescribed by your doctor - keep monitoring your blood pressure and blood sugar, record the results for future evaluation - Be careful with the food you choose; avoid too fatty foods or those high in simple sugar At the end, I strongly suggest to consult your cardiologist and run cardiac tests before travelling. Once your blood sugar, blood pressure and eye problems are well-under-controlled, you will get your sight back to normal again. All the best my dear! Dr.Bardha