Ask a Urologist   »  

What is the treatment for discomfort in perineum area and urinary tract infection?

I have had discomfort in perineum area for a few weeks. I also have urinary tract infection type symptoms. Having the feeling to use the restroom even when you don't have to. I also have aches in my testicules that comes and goes. I went to a urologist and he said prostrate was normal. He put me on antibiotics for prostitius. I have been on 500 mg twice a day of cipro and nothing had changed. Symptoms are still here. Please help!
Posted Sat, 4 Jan 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: Correct line of treatment------------------------- Detailed Answer: Welcome to the forum. The diagnosis of prostatitis is one of exclusion. If it is bacterial prostatitis, proved by urine culture test or culture of prostatic secretions, it is relatively easier to treat. If there is no bacteria demonstrable by any of these tests, then the usual course is to give cipro for one month. Also, certain other steps do help------ 1. Keeping bowels smooth - if needed laxatives can be used. 2. Anti-anxiety medicines like Alprazolam. 3. Muscle relaxants. Hope this helps, Truly
Follow-up: What is the treatment for discomfort in perineum area and urinary tract infection? 11 hours later
Is there anyways to stop the uti type symptoms? My cipro is prosribed for 2 weeks. What i stmptoms dont go away? Can this be serious?
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Kindly Complete course of cipro---------- Detailed Answer: Welcome back. Once prostatitis is treated, symptoms will go away. It is not a serious illness, kindly take the course of medicines and further decisions can be taken after that, Truly,