What is the treatment for diarrhea?

I have had diareha for about four months. Dr. did blood tests and I did samples of my bowel movements.
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Causes&treatment for diarhea... Detailed Answer: Hi, As per your medical history, you are feeling sick after taking antibiotics three years ago, and have experienced diarrhea for about four months. At this point, I'd suggest to run a few more tests apart colonoscopy including: - examination of stool for ova/parasites - culture of stool for bacteria/candida - fecal occult blood - food intolerance tests (to exclude Celiac disease) Next, you are also reporting to be taking Venlafaxine ER. In rare cases, especially when long time use of it, might cause a rare and serious condition called serotonin syndrome. Therefore, I suggest to also consult with the doctor who prescribed it to you to rule this out. At the end, can you please provide the following data for further assistance: - how many times/day you have a bowel movement? - is it watery or loose? - do you also have abdominal cramps, gas or other discomfort? Thank you! Dr.Klerida
Follow-up: What is the treatment for diarrhea? 1 hour later
The doctor already did the test for what you mentioned, other than food allergies. I also asked about the pills I am on. Only been on them 5 months. My bowel movements are watery and sometimes cramps. Mornings are a lot of movements and during the day varies. At night I can get up between 2 and 6 times. Usually it is immediate or it is an accident day or night! Stress seems to make it worse!
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Following suggestions to alleviate symptoms... Detailed Answer: Hi, If stress makes it worse, then, IBS = irritable bowel syndrome should be ruled out. Thus, dominating stress can also help improve your symptoms. Treating mycotic infection accordingly and following the earlier suggestions can help alleviate your symptoms. Can you please upload the results of tests you did? Thank you! Dr.Klerida