What is the treatment for dermatitis,dry skin and itching?

I took two doses of hydrocortisone also ointment to heal dermatitis condition , dry skin , itching and stress . I have very itchy arms starting from my elbows also very itchy legs starting from my knees . The skin is clear . This itching keeps awake at night . I have seen my GP also dermatologist but still suffer . XXXX
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. itch due to dry skin cannot be treated with steroids. Please apply calasoft lotion in day and white petroleum jelly in night. Also take anti histamine capsule like capsule doxepin 75 mg daily in night. This combination may give you relief. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you