What is the treatment for depression and anger due to resistance?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
My Daughter isin love with XXXXXXX behind bars. When I try and tell her that's a bad idea she gets angry at me for weeks and wants to leave. She is a professional person. Why does she act like this?
Posted Mon, 20 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Try explaining with neutral person Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to health care.magic. Your daughter gets angry if you tell her so because she is blind love. Make some neutral person like teacher or somebody to explain her the dangers in doing so. Keep telling her repeatedly but without showing your anger . Regards Dr Arun
Follow-up: What is the treatment for depression and anger due to resistance? 1 hour later
She is 46 years old and seems to go into depression after she's confronted. She seems to be normally happy until a comment is made about the relationship. She then talks to hardly anyone in the house including her children. She's made comments that she feels as if she has no family. I'm wondering if this behavior goes beyond this situation; something as a personality disorder.
Answered by Dr. Arun 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: Could be Detailed Answer: If the problem persists and she goes into depression repeatedly even after counselling , it could indicate depression. If she is normal at other times then probably you need not worry. But if she is depressed even when you talk about other issues, then is the time to consult a psychiatrist for treatment. Arun