What is the treatment for dark skin caused due to itching in inner thigh?

I had itching in inner thigh and it caused skin color to be dark. Can it be back to normal skin color.
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Pigmentation Problems
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Pigmentation thighs Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same. Now the site that you have mentioned is very commonly infected by fungal infections. These fungal infections in the form of tinea infections tend to heal with pigmentation and this is what must have happened in your case as well. Most importantly you need to be sure that the infection is now healed up completely. Please tell if you still have any itching. If now you just have the pigmentation, you will need to be treated for the same. You need to apply some lightening agent containing kojic acid over the affected area twice a day. Avoid rubbing the area . Do not apply any oil over it. Wearing cotton undergarments also help since it reduces the friction which can increase the pigmentation further. Taking oral vitamin c supplementation also helps. You can take it for atleast one month. Hope it helps Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: What is the treatment for dark skin caused due to itching in inner thigh? 1 hour later
Do you have any recommendation for the lightening agent containing kojic acid. Where can I get it.
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Pigmentation skin Detailed Answer: Hi again Meladerm cream is an over the counter cream available for skin lightening which contains kojic acid along with other lightening agent's. It can be used over the affected areas once a day preferably at night. Do not rub it too much. Just apply a little amount over the pigmented areas and wash in the morning. You might need to use it continuously for atleast a month. Dr Geetika Paul