What is the treatment for dark bump above my eyebrow caused by an injury?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
I hit my head above the eyebrow about 5weeks ago had a black eye it's still a little dark under eye and a small lump still left over eyebrow doesn't hurt should I massage it or something
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: Will resolve slowly. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for using Healthcare Magic. The bump above your eyebrow will have caused bleeding into the tissues of the area. This will have resulted in the bruise that is visible. In addition, there will have been a collection of blood that will take time to resolve. This will, in the meantime, feel like a firm area or lump. Massaging is unlikely to make a difference at his stage after the injury. You will need to wait for the lump to resolve spontaneously over the next few weeks. Eventually, it will disappear. I hope this is of help. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Regards, Dr K A Pottinger, MBChB. FRCA.
Follow-up: What is the treatment for dark bump above my eyebrow caused by an injury? 54 minutes later
I have heard that e oil might help? Also I have a baby XXXXXXX it uses wave lenghts and red infrared light it says you can use it on pain, sprains, and wounds. Do you think that would help?
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: Unlikely to help. Detailed Answer: Hi, Either of these could be used. However, there is no evidence that they will benefit you. Undortunately, you will need to be patient and the swelling will reduce. Regards, Dr K A Pottinger