What is the treatment for dandruff on beard region?

I have what it looks like a facial dandruff for almost a year it occurs always on the skin under my moustache. The skin kind of keeps peeling so I try to peel it. I don't use razors when I shave. I also tried head and shoulders shampoo and other skin cleaning soaps but nothing changes and it keeps coming back. It rarely happens on my eyebrows like a small dot on the same place but it disappears for a long time, but it always happens on my moustache I don't know if it's an infection and if there's a cream to fix it?
Posted Thu, 16 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: dandruff Detailed Answer: Hi You surely have seborrheic dermatitis which is dandruff of the beard region. Now firstly you should avoid applying any oils or moisturizers over the area as much as possible. You should buy an antifungal steroid combination cream and Apply it over the affected area twice a day. In addition, you need a course of oral antifungals. I would like to know which place you belong to, so that I can advise a medicine accordingly which is available in your area. Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: What is the treatment for dandruff on beard region? 27 hours later
Hi, I live in Iraq and Lebanon. Can you give me something that doesn't have steroids in it because it might have a permanent side effects. Also, can you give me a name for the cream or a scientific name I could ask the pharmacy to give me something close to what you prescribed. Thank u
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Seborrheic dermatitis Detailed Answer: Hi again See the skin condition that you have right now, you surely need to apply a mild steroid cream. You can buy candid b cream containing clotrimazole and betamethasone combination and use it twice a day over the affected areas for some three days and then slowly taper it down. Decrease its use to once a day then, then once every two days and slowly stop it. In addition, take tablet fluconazole 150 mg once k week for atleast four weeks. Taking this course of antifungals along will help in reducing the chances of recurrence. Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: What is the treatment for dandruff on beard region? 9 minutes later
Hi, So for how long do u keep using the cream 2 weeks?
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: seborrheic dermatitis Detailed Answer: No , You might not need it so long. I think ten days should be good enough . Can use it intermittently if the condition persists any longer, else stop it slowly. But do take the antifungals tablets along right away. Dr Geetika Paul