What is the treatment for cramps in inner thigh when suffering from restless leg syndrome?

I am experiencing severe leg cramps. I have been having severe leg cramps for years but they were always in the calf, since my kidney failure and Sepsis they have moved to all areas of my legs, My spine surgeon suggested I get bloodwork it could be with my kidney issues, but not sure. Last night I was awakened by a cramp on my inner thigh starting at the back of my knee going up to my groin area on my left leg and then another cramp the exact same area on my right leg. All day the areas kept ceasing up to start another cramp, but I immediately began massaging the areas and moved around. Both areas are sore and tender and I feel like they could cramp up anytime. I can't go out to the pharmacy, I have taken a potassium supplement tablet and drank some pedialyte. Is there anything else I could do from home tonight? I halve a mass in my bladder and tmo morning I am having a CT Scan with contrast and I'm afraid I will cramp up. My spine surgeon told me today I need to get some blood work to check out my levels for potassium etc.... not sure the Urologist will do that, so if I have to go to my primary care physician it could be 5-6 days out to get an appointment, blood work and another week for results. I did have a S1 Nerve block last Monday XXXXXXX 20, it did help with the pain, but the restless leg syndrome and now these cramps are very painful. I have another Nerve block set up for 2-17-14. Sorry so long.
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 4 hours later
Brief Answer: You are doing right at home Detailed Answer: Hi All you had done was correct if you are at home. I felt you should have supplemented Potassium while reading query and so you did. So is Pedialyte. One home remedy that you should not miss is the application of warm packs and cool packs to the muscles. This helps sore muscles tonight. You can walk that relieves the restless legs. All fruits especially oranges are rich in Potassium. Have one if you have at home before CT scan tomorrow. You can say about checking Potassium levels to the Urologist he will accept Spine surgeon suggestions. No coffee and alcohol which are dehydrating and not good for you. You can go to primary physician when you have the appointment and get the blood work done and there is no hurry. Let me know if you need anything.