What is the treatment for cough and sticky eyes in the morning in a child?

My son who is 2yrs 5months old now needs advise on following : A. Cough B. Eye sticks by morning and there is a sticky thing which makes it hard for him to open his eyes. Have checked with his pedestrian but not satisfied Please advise. Thanks
Posted Sat, 11 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. Regarding cough treatment depends if it is dry or producrive in nature. In case it is dry I suggest you to give combination of dextromethorphen with antiallergic. In case of spasmodic cough bronchodilator.will be needed. Give steam inhalation and plenty of warm fluid. For eyes clean them with cotton sterilised in boiling water.Clean from inside out and do it 2 to 3 times a day. Put ciplox eye drops 2 drops in each eye 4 times a day. In case symptoms persist get him re examined by doctor as physical examination will be required Hope I have answered your query,let me know if you have anh further question I would be glad to help Wishinh your baby good health God bless..