What is the treatment for continous diarrhea inspite of using so many antibiotics?

Hi doctor, my son(14 months old, 12.4kgs) was on antibiotic - Augmentum Duo for 5 days (first 3 days 5ml thrice a day, last 2 days 5ml twice a day) as he had bad cough/ cold. In addition to this, gave ascoril LS+ 3ml thrice a day. This did not reduce much, but loose motions started from last friday. Friday-around 6 small watery motions, saturday was better. Sunday was also ok. Antibiotic dose got over on sunday afternoon. Monday was bad, he passed more than 30 motions, watery, sometimes, yellowish while sticky with bad smell. Took him to doc and he asked to continue Econorm and gave Zioral syrup(2.5 ml twice a day). Gave saggujava. No much help. On tuesday, gave enterogermina, count came down to 15 motions. Giving ORS also sip by sip. and gave mashed curd rice. yesterday, gave enterogermina, zioral and 1/2 tab andial also once. Count came down to 7. Was little happy to see signs of recovery. But, today he already passed 6 motions of which 3 were big and others watery ones. Again gave enterogermina + 1/2 andial + Zioral . giving little ORS. Please suggest what can be done more to stop this diarrea? Thanks for your patience for reading entire story. Kindly suggest remedy. Thank you Doctor for prompy reply. I still breastfeed him during nights, can I continue doing that?
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax. Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. Most important thing is to maintain and monitor hydration. I suggest you to continue medication as advised. Continue giving ors after each loose stool. Also give lemonade,coconut water,khichdi,buttermilk, curd,banana,boiled potato. Monitor his activity/urine output. If he is active ,is passing adequate urine and accepting orally there is nothing to worry.His condition will improve in couple of days. In case he is lethargic,decrease urine output then get him re evaluated to access for hydration status. Yes definitely you can breastfeed him as much as he wants. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can help further. Wishing your child good health. God bless...
Follow-up: What is the treatment for continous diarrhea inspite of using so many antibiotics? 6 minutes later
sure, thanks. Hope my son gets well soon.
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: you are welcome. Detailed Answer: Yes your son will be fine soon. Wishing you and your family good health. Take care.....