What is the treatment for constipation and bloating with back pain when suffering from facet syndrome?

severe constipation and painful bloating is increasing my back pain. i am being treated by a chiro for facet syndrome - first time yesterday. i just feel that if i could deal with my gut the treatment would go a lot better.
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Bloating relief-avoid constipation/empty bowels Detailed Answer: Hi my dear, The problem to bloated gut is related to constipation. The goal is to make you empty your bowel. Thus, you should: - continue drinking more water - do not eat/drink foods/liquids too fast; take it slowly to avoid digesting too much air - take laxative candies every 3 hours. You can also use Senna pills twice daily. - take lactulose to soften your stool - take simethicone (gas-relieving drug) - I also suggest taking ginger/peppermint tea - take also probiotics twice daily - try to keep walking to help gas-relief If you won't be improved within a couple of days, should consult GI specialist. Wish you fast recovery! Dr.Klerida